A password will be e-mailed to you.

A 66-year-old foreigner was a victim of severe food poisoning yesterday after having dined at one of Funchal’s restaurants. Accompanied by his wife, the German citizen began to feel very unwell after leaving the restaurant. Already at the hotel where he was staying, he vomited a lot, an fainted on one of the many trips to the bathroom. The woman was always well, because she did not eat the same meal.

Hotel staff alerted 112, and the Regional Relief Operations Center (CROS) triggered an ambulance from the Portuguese Red Cross.

The worst was yet to come, as the man on the arrival of the first-aid team was uncooperative, drowsy, and complained of severe back pain. The victim who had fainted for a brief moment fell and caused a major trauma to his back and rib cage, he was rushed to the Emergency Department of Funchal hospital.