Madeira is again celebrating the World Tourism Day this year, which will be marked tomorrow, September 27, in a broad mobilization of most of the municipalities in the Region, according to a statement from the Regional Secretariat for Tourism and Culture.
In addition to the already announced delivery of Medals of Tourist Merit to the personalities that stood out in the sector, there will be free admission to the Museums, Gardens and other tourist-cultural areas.
The SRTC, through the Regional Directorate for Tourism and the Madeira Promotion Association, continues the ‘Thank you for your visit’ action, involving the participation of Tourism students and DRT and APM collaborators in the distribution of gifts and flowers to tourists as well as in the logistics of promotion and tasting of regional products that will take place on Avenida Arriaga, in front of the Tourist Information Office and at Madeira International Airport.
Still part of the Program, the secretariat of this, at the end of the day, the visit of representatives of the Regional Directorate of Tourism to ISAL and the University of Madeira.
“Also noteworthy at 5 pm is the Ceremony of Launching of the Book ‘Church of Our Lady of the Conception’, by Rita Rodrigues, which will be held in the Mother Church of Machico,” reads the same note.
Regarding the Program itself and in parallel to the actions that will take place in all Municipalities, the following stand out:
10:00 – 12:00 | Madeira Airport
10:00 – 12:00 | 13:30 – 14:30 | 15:30 – 17:30 | Funchal, Avenida Arriaga
10:00 – 12:00 | Santana – Tourist Information Desk
REGIONAL PRODUCTS DETAILS
10:00 – 18:00 | Funchal, Avenida Arriaga
11:00 – 12:00 | 16:30 – 17:30 | Madeira Airport
17:00 | Launch of the book “Church of Our Lady of the Conception” by Rita Rodrigues – Mother Church of Machico
MUSEUMS – FREE ENTRY
• Frederico de Freitas House Museum
• Electricity Museum – Casa da Luz
• Ethnographic Museum of Madeira
• Museum of Sacred Art (*) Free access to the Tower, with paid admission in the Museum
• Museum of the Toy of Madeira
• Military Museum of Madeira
• Museum of Natural History of Funchal
• MUDAS. Museum of Contemporary Art – Calheta
• Casa Museu Colombo – Porto Santo
OTHERS – FREE ENTRY
• Quinta Vigia
• Palheiro Gardens • Madeira Theme Park – Santana – Discount 20% admission
• João Carlos Abreu Universe of Memories
• Route Cal – São Vicente
• Companhia dos Engenhos do Norte – SORUM – Porto da Cruz
This is just a straight translation from Jornal Madeira.