The strong smell of smoke brought firefight to Funchal early evening, in the building next to Apollo restaurant.
Firefighters slowly searched the building which has 7 floors, owners can and opened their sections of this space so no doors needed to be broken down, and although the firefighters had hoses at the ready, it wad not need to use water.
The firemen concluded around 9.30pm the inspection of the office building next to the Apollo Café without confirming the existence of fire within the building.
Apparently it was just smoke detection, caused by an ignition which was caused by a short circuit, which eventually died out and triggered the alarm.
The firefighters have replaced the connection to the electricity network and are already allowing people to enter the building.