To mark the opening of the school year in the Region, the “Hollywood in Concert” will take place tomorrow at 9 pm at Pier 8 of People’s Square. This event, organized by the Regional Secretariat of Education, through the Conservatory – Professional School of the Arts of Madeira – Eng. Luiz Peter Clode (CEPAM) is the result of an internship of the Conservatory Academic Orchestra, under the artistic and pedagogical guidance of teacher and conductor Francisco Loreto, which took place from 5 to 12 this month at CEPAM premises.
The internship project, which includes the final concert at People’s Square, aims to provide this Orchestra of young artists with a stage where as many spectators as possible can see and hear their symphonic artwork. To be more attractive and captivate the largest audience participation, a thematic symphonic repertoire was chosen, in this case, the famous symphonic bands of Hollywood films, since it is a genre that naturally attracts millions of fans from around the world.
This concert will feature soundtracks from ten films, simultaneously with the video projection of excerpts from them, on a huge projection screen, with a large stage and amplified sound, along with a huge state-of-the-art LED screen, thanks to this. partnering with LuxStar. The program includes soundtracks for the movies Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Superman, Forest Gump, Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings, Mission Impossible, Jaws and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Concert Program ‘Hollywood in Concert’:
1. 20th Century Fox Opening
2. John Williams: The Empire Strikes Back Medley
3. John Williams: The Complete Harry Potter – Themes from all eight movies
4. John Williams: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
5. John Williams: Highlights from Jurassic Park
6. John Williams: Jaws (Shark 1)
7. Opening Universal Pictures
8. Alan Silvestri: Forrest Gump Suite
9. Lalo Shifrin: Mission Impossible
10. John Williams and John Ottman: Superman Returns (Arr. Victor López)
11. Howard Shore: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowships of the Ring (symphonic suite)
12. Hans Zimmer: Symphonic Highlights from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.
Straight translation from Jornal Madeira.