A password will be e-mailed to you.

The fire that broke out this morning in an apartment on the fourth floor of a building located in the Piornais area, next to the Madeira School of Hotels and Tourism, originated from candles that would be lit on the balcony, Journa Madeira learns from the fire brigade source.

The fire of candles that were forgotten by the residents, who were not inside the house, reached the window blinds, causing the fire that generated much apparatus by the end of this morning, but is already controlled.

The Volunteer Firefighters from Funchal, who have already returned to the barracks, confirmed to JM the transport of a 12-year-old girl who fell while fleeing from the building where the fire was taking place. The corporation was on site with 11 firefighters and three vehicles. Madeiran Volunteer Firefighters were also sent.