A fire broke out, a few minutes after the fireworks show, in the Neves area, next to the houses in Palheiro Village.
The flames of fire were such that they ended up scaring the population.
The Madeiran Volunteer Firefighters were at the site with several vehicles, having, in the meantime, joined the Firefighters Sapadores of Funchal, with another three heavy vehicles and eight operational.
According to what JM managed to find out, the fire only managed to be extinguished around three in the morning, which was the occurrence that gave the corporations the most work in the first dawn of the year.
I was at Miradouro do Neves last night and this is where I took the video from.