Summary of today’s press conference – Sunday, March 15 – 7:00 pm
– Request that was made to the central government on the cessation of flights from countries with active transmission, has still not been answered;
– Urgent request to the president of the republic to approve the “closing” of Madeira’s airports, where you can only travel with some restrictions;
– From tomorrow 16 March, new measures in public service looking at a 50% cut
– 0 positive cases of covid19 and with 2 suspected cases active in Madeira;
– Flight Operators are taking the necessary measures to pick up their passengers from Madeira;
“Safeguarding public health supersedes freedom of movement”.
Thanks to Daniel Caires for these notes.
Stay safe everyone.