The Regional Government of Madeira launched a video showing how to make protective masks at home.
In the video, the Government recalls that the use of a mask is “a responsible act of citizenship in the fight against COVID-19” and suggests to the population to make their own mask, taking note of the following indications:
– Cut two pieces of fabric, 100% cotton, reusable, in size 20 by 15.
– Cut two rubber bands, with 20 cm. Tie a knot at each end, and leave a space of 15 cm between the two knots.
– Join the two pieces together, sew and attach the elastics at each end, leaving an opening to place a filter, if you wish.
– Iron, make 4 pleats and sew again.
– If you want to use a filter, for example, in TNT, for single use, you can buy it in pharmacies.
– Cut the filter to the size of 9 by 18 and place it inside the mask.
Watch the video below:
I just wonder how many people will actually make their own masks?????